Thursday, April 5, 2012

Bugs and Slugs, nah just got me some gloves!

I am so much in the gardening mood right now, and the weather is only participating about 50% of the time where I live.  So I am trying to be patient.
Meanwhile I have been spending the colder days on my computer looking up other great ideas for gardening.  This is the one I came across today and thought it was really clever.
You can check out the information at http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/the-diy-modern-outdoor-succule-94477

I must admit something to you, growing up my dad always had HUGE gardens, I mean like take up most of your back yard kind of garden.  As a teenager I remember him coming home from work changing out of his nice clothes and putting on his shorts and cowboy boots (yes this was a fashion nightmare for me) and heading straight to the garden. I think it was his way to de-stress and unwind from his busy day at work.
On Saturday mornings he would wake us kids up EARLY so we could go out and weed and pick the veggies before the humidity and heat of the day set it.  I resented this like no other, first of all I hated all veggies, and I hated bugs, slugs and all the the other creepy crawlies that live under spinach leaves and zucchini plants.
It wasn't until last year that I really had the desire to put in a garden.  I had the need to plant something and see it grow.  Maybe it was because my baby left the nest, maybe it was because I was in a job that stressed me to the hilt and I needed to unwind and going outside and weeding and watering and babying those plants was therapeutic.  I honestly don't know, but I am hooked.  My actual garden area is very small as you will see in upcoming blogs hence the need to find creative ways to garden. So hurry up warm weather I need some gardening therapy, go figure!


~There can be no other occupation like gardening in which, if you were to creep up behind someone at their work, you would find them smiling.  ~Mirabel Osler







No comments:

Post a Comment