Saturday, April 14, 2012

Biking, Bee's and Boysenberries

Well we got our bikes back from Mad Dog Cycles they are all tuned up and ready to go.  So this morning after lazing around with my hubby I convinced him to give the bikes a whirl before the rain came.  Visions of riding up the canyon like I used to when my kids were little were running through my mind... that's about all they did, cause after a mile I realized how completely out of shape this mama/grandma has become!  Geesh, that was just down right embarrassing.
Maybe I'll make it to the mouth of the canyon in a couple weeks, but the canyon, well that may just take me a little while to work up to that:)  But like the blog title says...'it's still being written' haha

I have to show you the pics of my veggies they are coming along great.  Just a few more weeks till we can put them in our garden, must get the garden rota-tilled soon. 
My cucumbers...
My Spaghetti Squash...

I also wanted to introduce the rest of my family my 3 dogs; Bosley, Zoe, and Jack.  Not to be left out our pretty kitty Dolly.  I bet you can't guess that I am a huge animal lover.  I told my hubby all I needed now was a 'fainting goat' look it up, so cute.


Last year my hubby and I decided to try some bee keeping, (having been inspired by one of our son's in-laws) now what I really mean is that I thought it would be a good idea as long as I could admire from afar, and let Sean do the scary work.  We had 2 hives of Carnolian Bee's and ended up with about 40 pounds of honey at the end of the year.  Unfortunately, we lost both hives over the winter.  So we start fresh again this year, having learned a few lessons a long the way.  We ordered our bee's from The Knight Family Bee's a local place, and we get all of our equipment from Manlake.  Our bee's will be ready to pick up at the end of April and we (really I mean he) is ready for them.
 Finally, I keep forgetting to talk about our new berry plants, we planted 3 Boysenberry plants and 3 Raspberry.  The raspberries look like 3 sticks sticking out of the ground we are just starting to see a few shoots appear, I'll take some pictures of those when there is actually something to see.
 The Boysenberries are looking great, sad we won't have fruit from what I understand till next year.  

Last but not least on a rainy Saturday afternoon what is better than making some home made soft pretzels and a good movie with my sweetie.
Have a great weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment