Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Blossoms and Museums

First Strawberry blossom of the year!!  They say I should pinch the blossoms off till June first, but the thought of doing that makes me want to cry.  So this little blossom is safe.  The next 4 days are supposed to be rainy and cloudy so no fun out in the yard, this little bloom will have to keep me content.


I missed a photo opportunity today with one of my daughter in laws, dang it!  She needed to go the 'Beauty and Belief -Crossing Bridges with the Arts of Islamic Culture' exhibit that is being featured at BYU...for one of her classes, so she invited me to come with.

 It was a fantastic display, it has 270 objects, it's basically a walk through of Islamic visual culture from the seventh century onward
Beautiful prayer rugs, jewelry, scrolls of poetry, we were on a tight schedule but got through it all in a couple hours.
Now if I was in my bloggin mind I would have had someone take our picture in front of the Museum of Art, but i wasn't so you'll just have to believe me.  If you get a chance it's worth heading down to take a look, added bonus, it's free.





No comments:

Post a Comment